The Digital Analyst will use digital tools and analytics to provide insights that advance Chevron’s business globally.
The ideal candidate will develop reports and dashboards for internal clients and help the team build and grow its analytical capabilities. This person will stay current with best practices for communications and advocacy performance measurement for digital and social media, including a strong ability to interpret and measure the effectiveness of influencer campaigns.
Candidates must have a strong foundation in digital analytics (Web and Social Media). Success in this role requires not only strong data manipulation and analytical skills but also strong communication skills, project management skills, initiative and demonstrated experience with cross functional teams.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Use the Brandwatch social listening platform to develop insights on key topics that impact Chevron and the broader energy industry.
• Maintain and evolve Chevron’s Brandwatch ecosystem.
• Develop data visualizations and presentations that tell the analytical story.
• Work with clients to help them improve their communications programs based on social media listening insights.
• Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience (Digital Analyst, Marketing Analyst, Communication Analyst, PR Analyst).
• Experience with at least one social media listening and analytics platforms, such as Brandwatch (preferred), Salesforce Social Studio, Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase.
• Expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to tell a story using data.
• Experience working to improve a marketing or communications campaign.
• Knowledge of the digital analytics ecosystem: web, paid and social media.
• Ability to condense information and transform technical data into easily understandable concepts.
• Good writing, oral communication, and presentation skills with experience communicating effectively with management.
• Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and influence business partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or equivalent required
– The manager is looking for more data heavy analyst types. Candidates with business intelligence experience with an online marketing background.
– This is a backfill position for an employee who will be going on maternity leave.
– This role set to go through August of 2019 but the manager is not ruling out extensions or even having the position go permanent if the worker performs to expectations.