Chevron is seeking an experienced IT Business Analyst to support the Oronite Downstream IT business level in San Ramon. The IT BA will be working with other project team members to understand current business process, define / design new processes to be built into the new Product Lifecycle Management application. The IT BA will be responsible for traveling to Richmond, CA 1-2 days per week to perform business analysis and gathering requirements. This position has the possibility to extend continuously for the next 4+ years.
Summary: The Business Analyst job family defines skills for formulating and defining system scope using information technology and industry knowledge/requirements, based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
• At least +5-7 years’ experience of functional IT BA experience required
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Proficiency within MS Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio required
• BA experience within an Agile/Scrum methodology project required
• Strong experience the following required: creating user stories, developing and gathering business processes, facilitation and interaction with business, work with business to define and vet business processes, documentation, test flow/testing, writing test scripts and procedures, helping with UAT.
• IT Business Analysis experience within O&G or chemical environment preferred.
• Experience utilizing JIRA – nice to have!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Scope of Work Examples:
• Coordination of technologies and business
• Gather requirements and solutions development
• Responsible for a liaison role between the business and the providers of IT services to ensure functional specs are understood and they have what they need to develop their tech specs.
• Analyzes issues to be solved within an enterprise and helps provide solutions to meet the desired business outcomes through the use of IT.
• Understands and documents business requirements and user requirements to ensure system designs meets business needs.
• Ensures knowledge transfer to the support organization occurs
• Develops and/or update documentation and training materials.
• Documents, functional requirements that describe the system, process, or product to fulfill the business requirements.
Travel Requirements: travel to Richmond 1-2 days per week. Expenses will be determined/confirmed once worker starts.
Interview Process: In-person interview with 2-3 team members- TBD week of 1/21/2019
*Notes from the Manager: Ideal candidate will have the following skills
1. Developing and gathering business processes/ facilitation and interaction with business
2. Team fit – a lot of people dynamic, being able to work in diverse group.