IC Engineering Inc.
IC Engineering is seeking a Lab Research Assistant for our team within Chevron in Richmond, CA. The position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day technical laboratory support of detergent synthesis. The position requires working frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and product line applications. The position is dynamic and requires a mix of laboratory skills depending on the project business need.
Candidate must maintain a high degree of independence and responsibility, reliability and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with junior/senior engineers on the Components Team to maximize productivity by applying special skills and experience routinely and by drawing on knowledge and skills of other experienced personnel.
This is a safety sensitive position. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
• High School Diploma and some college
• Demonstrated experience in research and technical competency in organic chemistry, analytical techniques, and data interpretation.
• Familiar with laboratory protocols and prudent lab practices.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interface/consult/collaborate with other chemists and with service providers outside the organization.
• Demonstrated communication skills including preparing technical reports and presentations of scientific data.
• Demonstrated Chevron Way Behaviors and Downstream and Chemicals culture attributes of Results, Speed, Simplicity, and Directness.