- Scheduling of blends and tests using Chevron blending and test scheduling systems.
- Conducts performance/analytical testing.
- Managing multiple simultaneous projects and communicates status and results in an agreed-upon timely manner.
- Maintains a high degree of independence and responsibility, reliability and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments.
- Maximizes productivity by applying technical skills and experience routinely and by drawing on knowledge and skills of other experienced personnel.
- This position requires working approximately 50% of the time in a laboratory.
- This is a safety sensitive position with random drug and alcohol testing.
-Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
-Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
-Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
B.S. Chemistry or Biochemistry required.
2-4 years’ experience preferred.
**Notes from the manager**
Process all LOB blends through QCIR, blend and check all blend accuracy. Weighing, blending, and mixing of Oronite Additives, Viscosity Index Improvers (VII’s) and lubricating oils. Improving the team’s Operational Excellence by going beyond compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations in laboratory and office areas. Determining VII and lubricating oil compositions required to meet specifications
Viscometric and physical testing of lube oils and related data analysis. Communication of test results to team members, customers, and product management. Preparation, testing, and shipping of samples in response to customer requests. Quality control charting and maintenance of laboratory analytical equipment. Work experience in a research environment and technical competency related to chemistry, analytical techniques, and data interpretation. Familiarity with laboratory protocols and prudent lab practices. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface/consult/collaborate with other chemists and with service providers outside the organization. Ability to communicate effectively to global stakeholders. Strong computer skills required, especially with creating and managing Excel.Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines. Excellent teamwork skills – flexibility to support other technicians with shared work.