• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 8-10 years of paralegal or attorney experience within an Enterprise in-hour or law firm environment
• Minimum three years of experience with Intellectual Property, Advertising, Promotions as an in-house or law firm paralegal or attorney required
• Background in the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment and Advertising Law required
• Experience advising and managing social media issues
• Ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g., business partners, and attorneys).
• Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills.
• Strong communications skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter who is adept at working in a true team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
• Local to the Bay Area required.
• Fluency with speaking and writing in English and Spanish- highly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
• The individual must perform delegated paralegal tasks under the guidance and direction of attorneys, including:
o Provide pre-publication review of marketing, PR and advertising materials.
o Review and clear marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as FTC Regulations & Guidelines).
o Partner with communications teams to identify necessary substantiation for claims made in corporate print, broadcast and digital advertising.
o Advise clients on social media issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines on social media posts and advertising.
o Review marketing materials for TV and video services.
o Assist in obtaining affidavits and releases for use of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, name and likeness rights, etc.
o Assist trademark and copyright team with trademark, copyright and domain name issues as needed.
o Issue spot and review corporate marketing materials as produced and developed by Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) and outside agencies.
o In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing groups on all of the above topics.
Travel Requirements: NONE
Interview Process: In-person interviews TBD 1/16 and 1/17
Notes from the Manager:
1. Social media experience within a paralegal or attorney role.
2. Ability to work in fast paced environment with challenging environment
3. Manage expectations – soft skills, effectively communicate, confident
4. Fluency with speaking and writing in English and Spanish- highly preferred