Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
This position is open due to a backfill. Will be working with three other team members with similar skill set.
- Scheduling of blends and tests using Chevron blending and test scheduling systems
- Conducts performance/analytical testing
- Managing multiple simultaneous projects and communicates status and results in an agreed-upon timely manner
- Maintains a high degree of independence and responsibility, reliability and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments
- Maximizes productivity by applying technical skills and experience routinely and by drawing on knowledge and skills of other experienced personnel
- This position requires working approximately 50% of the time in a laboratory
- This is a safety sensitive position
-Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
-Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
-Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
B.S. Chemistry or Biochemistry required
2-4 years’ lab experience preferred.
**Notes from the manager**
- Process all blends through QCIR, blend and check accuracy.
- Weighing, blending and mixing of Oronite Additives, Viscosity Index Improvers (VII’s) and lubricating oils.
- Improving the team’s Operational Excellence by going beyond compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations in laboratory and office areas.
- Determining VII and lubricating oil compositions required to meet specifications.
- Viscometric and physical testing of lube oils and related data analysis.
- Communication of test results to team members, customers, and product management.
- Preparation, testing, and shipping of samples in response to customer requests.
- Quality control charting and maintenance of laboratory analytical equipment.
- Work experience in a research environment and technical competency related to chemistry, analytical techniques, and data interpretation.
- Familiarity with laboratory protocols and prudent lab practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface/consult/collaborate with other chemists and with service providers outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively to global stakeholders
- Strong computer skills required, especially with creating and managing Excel spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork skills – flexibility to support other technicians with shared work.
About IC Engineering Inc:
About us, IC Engineering is one of Chevron’s internal contracting groups. Over the last 25 years, Chevron has hired 50+ contractors to become permanent Chevron employees. IC currently has over 35 employees within the different Chevron operating companies worldwide.