Chevron is seeking a Research Technician II for their Oronite Business Unit to support the Products and Technology business at the Richmond Technology Center. You would primarily be responsible for conducting, improving, and presenting results of laboratory performance tests and analyses of lubricants in engines. This position does have the potential to extend and/or transition into a full-time opportunity.
Specifically, the Research Technician II will provide technical support for current viscosity modifiers and expand the product line through advancement of fundamental knowledge and development of new products. You would work under guidance of a research scientist/engineer to execute testing and laboratory studies and be expected to generate meaningful data and support team initiatives.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Execute laboratory studies on viscosity modifiers and formulated oils to support the product line growth strategy and address customer or quality issues.
• Generate/blend viscosity modifier concentrates and formulated oils.
• Run and maintain laboratory testing equipment.
• Coordinate internal and external testing of samples.
• Compile, summarize and effectively communicate technical results/data.
• Competency in executing hands-on laboratory scale experiments.
• Ability to deliver superior results with Chevron Way Behaviors and without compromise to Operational Excellence (OE)
• Minimum of B.S. degree in science or engineering.
• Strong technical communication skills.
• Ability to engage, influence and build working relationships with the team.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives and/or tasks simultaneously.
• Works well during periods of high activity and tight deadlines.